Middle School Information Night
Middle School Information Night will be held on Monday, Oct. 26, 2020 at 7 p.m. The event will be virtual this year and families will be able to watch the event live on Livestream the night of the event.
Middle School Information Sessions
|Jefferson | 703-228-5900||TBD|
|Kenmore | 703-228-6800||TBD|
|Swanson | 703-228-5500||TBD|
|Williamsburg | 703-228-5450||TBD|
|H-B Woodlawn | 703-228-6363||TBD|
|Dorothy Hamm | 703-228-2910||TBD|
General Middle School Options & Transfers Application Information for School Year 2020-2021
- Option Schools/Programs: Spanish Immersion Program at Gunston, Montessori Middle Years Program at Gunston, and H-B Woodlawn (Grades 6-8).
- Neighborhood Transfers: Information about middle school transfers for the 2021-22 school year is available on the Middle School Requesting a Transfer webpage. Families that would like to request their child attend a middle school other than their neighborhood middle school can request an administrative transfer (appeals process) after first applying for a neighborhood transfer.
- Information Night: Watch the Middle School Information Night video or view the PowerPoint presentation. In addition, each middle school offers a school-based information session for families.
- Waitlists: Options seats are continuously filled throughout the school year as seats become available. Families will be notified if they are on the waitlist and a seat becomes available. If families do not accept or decline a seat by the deadline, the available seat is given to the next student on the waitlist. All waitlists reset when the options and transfers period begins each year, so families must reapply if they are still interested in attending a school or program they applied to previously.
- Sibling Preference: Sibling preference is not currently offered at the middle school level.
- Transportation: Transportation is available for students attending option schools/programs. However, bus stops may be centralized and a longer distance from a student’s Transportation is not provided for neighborhood or administrative transfers.
- Appeals: Families with students placed on a waitlist can file an appeal for an administrative transfer under the appeals process. Approval under the appeals process occurs after the lottery and the timeline to accept or decline options and transfers offers.
- To Apply: Apply for middle school options and transfers through the online application portal.
Additional information on middle school options and transfers is available on the Middle School Options and Transfers page.