Social Justice Resources: Educating Our Youth to be Responsible Citizens
- Learn to recognize discrimination and how to challenge it.
- Use world events as opportunities for discussion in the classroom and around the dinner table.
- Encourage children who do not experience a disadvantage to be an ally.
- Read non-fiction and fiction about marginalized people to provide a more well-rounded perspective on history to nourish empathy.
- Responsible citizenship: Compassion = empathy in action.
Disclaimer: This page contains links to websites that are outside of the Arlington Public School network. APS does not control the content or relevancy of these links.